Thursday 1 March 2012

explosive drawing workshop


 



Here are a few photos from an 'Explosive Drawing' workshop I did in uni before Christmas. Basically, we stuck paper all over a room- floor, walls, everything- whacked an audio book in a CD player and illustrated the book while it was being read. The book we were illustrating was 'Her Fearful Symmetry' by Audrey Niffenegger (the same woman who wrote The Time Traveler's Wife). This workshop only lasted one day, and there were only a handful of people drawing, so I think it's kind of impressive we basically managed to cover the entire room in art. Obviously we only heard the first part of the book, but from what I gather it centered around the idea of ghosts and twins and such things. Because we weren't allowed to bring any reference material into the room, everything was drawn from memory or imagination, so you won't find too many realistic illustrations here. Anyway, it was a lot of fun, and encouraged me to draw in new ways. A pretty good experience overall, although of course not some of my best work :) Oh yes, and in the top two photos I'm the girl in the red jumper, sketching away.. my feet are also in the third photo.

Here are a couple of things I drew in the room, that other people have worked over and such. Fun Fun:



6 comments:

  1. looks like fun! I wish I could do something like that too : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a lot of fun. And you look like a really sweet girl with a very pretty red sweater :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent project. That makes me inspire for holidays . You're so talented and all your drawings have that taste of cool imagination and satisfaction for all what you do. It´s a great idea to spend time with some special friend and to feel that you´re not wasting time -but, nobody wastes time with friends-.
    P.s: my first time here and I've already fallen in love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you kindly :) Such a lovely comment, this was a very cool workshop to try!

      Delete